Monday, September 3, 2012

Update - almost 4 weeks old

As the puppies get bigger it takes more time to take care of them and I get less time to take photos even though they are stinkin cute and even less time to blog. I have some new video and photos today though. They are learning to jump, run and play fight with each other.

First an update. The puppies now have teeth and have been drinking formula a few times a day for the past three days. This morning I dismantled the whelping box and set up the small crate and pen. We started using the pool to feed the horde and added soaked puppy food to create a mash. Let me just say they LOVE it! 




The downside for Morgan and I are they now are peep'n and poop'n on their own which means we are doing a LOT more clean up. We are trying to teach them to use the paper and sometimes I think they are getting it and then not so much.

Paper training

Our new area

A view into the crate
We are not going to fit in here for long!
 This is the small crate, I don't want to give them too much room to discourage peep'n in the crate.

Some alone time with Momma J


1 comment:

  1. Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Labrador Retriever Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Labrador Retriever Owners, Breeders and Lovers
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website… it’s a win win. You can also add Photos, Videos and Pup Classifieds if you like. It’s free and easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Labrador Retriever Community: http://www.vorts.com/labrador_retrievers/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    I hope you guys decide to share with us... beautiful pups.

    ReplyDelete